Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cake gallery

Mom and I have always had a lot of fun decorating cakes for our special occacions. We were at a sale and found a whole lot of shaped Wilton cake pans, which will be listed in my Etsy shop. Anyway, it got me thinking of some of the awesome cake we've made over the years. This one we made in March for my cousin Kristin, she turned 12 this year. She takes guitar lessons and loves playing and singing, so we thought this would be perfect. She was really excited about it. This is one we made for my cousin Josh and my boyfriend Carl. It was super fun to make because I got to use all the colors. It was a big hit because I actually had to put the car on top of a road, so the car was chocolate and the road part was white cake. This cake pan (for the car only) will be listed in the Etsy shop soon. This was the most fun because we got to try our skills at fondant... Yea, our skills need work. Fondant is like playdough, so it was cool to shape and sculpt with icing. The cake part is just a plain double layer cake. The fondant was definatly put on too thick but we will try again. I wanted to try something different for my own birthday so this one was really fun! Yes, I make my own birthday cake.

No comments: